BLUE SUEDE BOPPERS
CONTACT: Reebee: reebee at gmail.com 617-666-5308; Howie: guitarnower at gmail.com 617-969-2559
If you can remember:
- When the real Big Chill was the Cold War,
- When the rebels were doing it without a cause,
- When background singers went “dip” and “dum” and “ram” and “bomp” and “shoop”,
- When you could hear rhythm & blues, rockabilly, honky tonk and doo wop on the same radio station,
- You’re ready for some of that good ole time rock ‘n roll with the BLUE SUEDE BOPPERS.
- We bring you hot sounds from the era of cool.
- Before good vibrations, there was tossin’ and turnin’, splishin’ and splashin’, hoppin’ and boppin’, movin’ and groovin’, slippin’ and slidin’, reelin’ with the feelin’, and, of course, rockin’ and rollin’.
- Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear … and rock your socks off.
- Dirty Dancing is back like never before and You Are There.
The Boppers played our ‘WBUR Sock Hop’ and they were fabulous. Every number was a crowd-pleaser. They had everyone dancing all night long.
• Hosts Tom and Ray Magliozzi (Click and Clack) “Car Talk" NPR
The Blue Suede Boppers keep the flame of rock ‘n’ roll roots . . . The ‘real stuff’ lives on in the music of the Blue Suede Boppers.
• Cambridge Chronicle
The Blue Suede Boppers deliver. . . They bring to life the beat, the lyrics, the harmony, and the jive of the ’50s. . . It was hard to sit still when they played.
• Providence Journal-Bulletin
The Boppers are authentic. For a minute, I thought I was back in 1958. These guys lived through it, and they play it like they were still there.
• John Payne, John Payne Music Center
The Blue Suede Boppers are a great band and are really great to dance to. They are ever popular favorites with the Boston dance community.
• Roger Weiss, Director, Boston Swing Dance Network
It’s the greatest . . . You can’t find music like this to dance to anymore.
• Christian Science Monitor